Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Daiso Japan


So much cuteness in one store! On a routine trip to Daiso Japan with my mom I stocked up on some usuals such as the face masks, but I suddenly couldn't resist all the cute pinkness that surrounded me. For the longest time I would bypass these items as I used to categorize them as frivolities, though this time I gave in, and I am so glad I did.

Most of these items remind me of variations that I had when I was younger.  I had a penchant for pretty stationary and for corresponding with my friends and even my mom though we lived in the same house! It was all about beautifying with stickers, cut outs from magazines, scented perfume cards, lipstick kisses, anything to personalize and hopefully make the recipient smile. The more I think about it as I am typing this the more I want to bring back those days, this could very well be the start of it all over again!

I love the mini dishes and mugs, they are super practical and of course cute. Plus I love the girly, charming colors and polka dots.

I always had a piggy bank when I was a kid and found this one which is a bunny, I believe, but it also reminds me of a kitten. Perfect for collecting loose change that gathers at the bottom of my handbag most often.

I am in love with the black thigh highs with white bows. I had a similar pair in high school only the bows were on the sides, not the front. I so missed those! I am so happy that the 90s trends are beginning to resurface because those times were some of my favorite. I always think to recreate past looks, regardless of what's going on on the runways or in fashion magazines, however it is sometimes difficult because those shoes, clothes, accessories aren't as accessible. Time to get creative anyway...

P.S. I love the new Daiso Japan at the Fremont Hub in Fremont. It's so bright, shiny, inviting, glossy, super friendly customer service, nicely displayed products, awesome lighting and super clean and organized! Can't wait to go back!

Also, no trip to Daiso is complete without a couple of bags of the delicious HI-CHEW candy. My favorite is strawberry and banana!



No comments:

Post a Comment