Wednesday, October 26, 2016

J'Adore Chanel Coco Noir!






During one of my periodic twirls around the fragrance counter of my local petite Macys, I remembered a while back sniffing Coco Noir and raising an eyebrow thinking, am I loving this?  I sprayed one of the perfume cards and it instantly confirmed my previous impression.  That this gorgeous bottle needs to occupy prime real estate on my already crowded vanity!

It's gently heavy, sexy and seductive, my favorite characteristics of a more mature fragrance.  I haven't explored nearly enough of perfume's darkly aromatic side, though I am eager to.  I am always careful of picking a new fragrance, not so much to make sure it's "season appropriate", because I don't think that way, but because I will associate it with the period of time in my life in which I wore it. 

I have a feeling I will love reminiscing about this one in the future, and I think it will be repurchased for my collection repeatedly.

So, how did Chanel make a customer out of me again?  With a winning combination of...

Top notes - grapefruit, bergamot

Heart notes - rose, jasmine, Indonesian patchouli, narcissus

Base notes - sandalwood, Brazilian tonka bean, white musk, bourbon vanilla, frankincense, purple fruit

When I wear a strong fragrance, I want to feel enveloped by it all day, so I wish this scent had a stronger sillage.  It is so transparent, it seems to wear off completely after about 30 minutes.  If it only had the potency and impact of Chanel 5....

I still love it, and the classic glass bottle that will no doubt travel from my handbag to my vanity and back again.  It will need replacing in no time!

My mom went with Coco Mademoiselle, again.  A perfect warm October afternoon of shopping indeed!

P.S. I always keep the cards I spray perfume on at the counters and place them in my wallet, makeup bag, car, drawers.  



2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your Blog Posts ! You have such a charming way of describing and narrating the story, that I have to go back and reading it all over again! I just can't get enough of it! Now, this is a talent girl!!! Keep it up; looking forward for more! Kisses ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @nina Thank you so much mommy! I love you!!! <3

      Delete